Thank you to all our Toronto ACM SIGGRAPH members who joined our exclusive, member-only 3D Printing workshop hosted and delivered by Ryan Schmidt, Autodesk Research’s head of Design and Fabrication Research. On Saturday, March 1st, 2014, we learnt how to tailor 3D models for easy, hassle-free 3D printing using Autodesk Meshmixer software (free download). The Toronto ACM SIGGRAPH Chapter enjoyed an afternoon at the Autodesk Visualization Studio, designing and printing models using creativity and imagination! Thank you to the Autodesk team who generously volunteered their time, energy and amazing computer graphics 3D knowledge. And the best part, every participant took home a small, 3D printed souvenir of their own design!! See more photos of this event on our Facebook album!
Download the presentation slides.
If you are not a member already and would like to participate in our next member-only event, become a member!
We asked the Toronto CG Community what the top 10 benefits to Toronto ACM SIGGRAPH chapter membership and they said:
- Collaborate with the computing community through the top graphics not -for -profit association.
- Align with aspirational and inspirational professionals, companies and organizations—all of whom love what you do!
- Learn, develop and teach: Mentors and Mentees welcome! Contact us for more info.
- Establish new and valuable relationships: connect, link and leverage our networking platform.
- Enjoy the combination of art and technology, including information on leading- edge advancements.
- Identify with enthusiastic, eager and encouraging Chapters members who are dedicated to professional and personal progression and promoting computer graphics.
- Celebrate and showcase creativity, innovation and achievements within a technological community: online and in- person.
- Gain diverse industry insights covering all computer graphics verticals: studio perspectives, production and process overviews, technological advances, fundamentals and techniques.
- Engage and experience a very cool melting pot: science and art mixed with great people!
- Give back by volunteering to create a lasting positive impression and contribute to the Toronto Chapter.
*Reasons 1-10 all include having FUN and envisioning that one day, every citizen of the Greater Toronto Area will discover his/her passion for computer graphics and interactive techniques.